AN INFERNO has torn through a garden shed and kennels in Canley after a chimenea was not put out properly.
The fire broke out in the area behind a property on Nightingale Lane in the early hours of this morning (October 17).
West Midlands Fire Service (WMFS) crews from Coventry and Canley fire stations attended the blaze and worked to put the blaze out and save the dogs, owls and hens housed inside the kennels.
It is believed the fire was started by a chimenea which had not been extinguished properly. CREDIT @CanleyFireCrews
Luckily, all of the animals escaped unharmed.
Firefighters were called to the scene at around 2.16am and left around an hour later, having ensured the fire would not restart.