WARWICK University has been named as one of the world’s top 100 universities for the study of 16 subjects, according to the 2021 QS World University rankings by subject.
The rankings, compiled by global higher education analysts QS (Quacquarelli Symonds) examined 14,435 individual university courses, taken by students at 1,452 universities across the world.
This year it found the University of Warwick’s best performances were in Mathematics, and in Statistics, which were both ranked 21st in the world.
- In Academic Reputation Warwick’s best performance was in Mathematics, scoring 87.9
- In Employer Reputation, the university’s best performance came in the category “Communication & Media Studies” (covering Warwick’s Department of Film and Television Studies) scoring of 81.5.
- In research impact, the University of Warwick received a score of 90.6 for Statistics & Operational Research.
QS’s top 100 ranked specific subject areas at Warwick are:
- Statistics (& Operational Research) 21st
- Mathematics 21st
- English Language & Literature 22nd
- Business & Management Studies (WBS – Warwick Business School) 24th
- Economics 25th
- Philosophy 43rd
- History 42nd
- Modern Languages 55th
- Accounting & Finance (WBS Warwick Business School) 44th
- Performing Arts (Theatre Studies) 49th
- Sociology 58th
- Psychology 62nd
- Law 93rd
- Computer Science & Information Systems 96th
- Communication & Media Studies (Film and Television Studies) 51-100
- Politics & International Studies 51- 100