COVENTRY Police have issued a warning to motorcycle riders to up their security on their vehicles after recovering a stolen scooter.
It was taken yesterday and located by officers from North West Coventry Police earlier today, leading to ‘one happy owner’.
Following the incident officers have urged riders to use the bike security measures available, such as disk locks, bike chains and alarm systems.
West Midlands Police advise motorcycle users to –
- Always lock their bike and remove any accessories wherever possible
- Loop chain locks through the bicycle frame and back wheel (front wheels are easily removed)
- Secure their bike to an immovable object eg railings or lamp post
- Use a disc lock to secure the front brake disc – stops your bike being wheeled away
- Consider a grip lock designed to secure the brake and throttle controls
- Two ‘Sold Secure’ D-locks are recommended. Find security-tested products at Sold Secure
- Register serial numbers (bike/accessories) at BikeRegister
- Consider purchasing a bike cover – hiding their bike from view is a deterrent