ELDERLY and vulnerable people who need to get to Stoneleigh vaccination centre but have no way of getting there can get a free taxi trip to ensure they get to their appointment safely.
The trips being offered between now and February 28 by Uber which will fund journeys up to £15 to Stoneleigh Park Agricultural Centre and 41 other vaccination centres. If it is more than that, the patient will be asked to pay the difference.
Jamie Heywood, Uber’s Regional General Manager for Northern and Eastern Europe said: “It’s vital that the most vulnerable people in our society are vaccinated against the virus as soon as possible, and we want to help remove any barriers that could prevent them from travelling safely to get their jab.”
Since the beginning of the pandemic, Uber has introduced a number of safety measures to ensure the safety of everyone who uses the taxi operator’s app, including technology to ensure all drivers are wearing masks or face coverings (unless they are exempt), asking people if they have taken appropriate safety steps – including wearing masks and washing or sanitising hands.
Drivers are also required to complete a similar checklist and free health and safety supplies, including face masks, Lifebuoy hand sanitisers, and Cif wipes have also been issued to help keep everyone in the vehicle safe.
And there is a back seat policy to help keep as much distance between riders and drivers. Riders are no longer permitted to sit in the front seat when on a trip. People should also only to travel with members of their household or support bubble.
The free trip to Stoneleigh Park Vaccination Centre for the vaccine is available to all those who have an Uber account.
How to claim
- Tap the menu in the top left of the Uber app and select ‘Wallet’.
- Select ‘Add Promo Code’ at the bottom.
- Add the promo code for the vaccination centre you are travelling to/from for Stoneleigh Park which is UberUKMP
- Navigate to the rides home screen and enter the pick-up/drop-off location for yourself or the person you are booking for.
- Remember, the trip must start or end at the vaccination centre.
- Confirm your trip.
Things to know
- You will be able to claim your free trip until February 28, 2021.
- The promotion is only valid for the first 4,000 riders per promo code.
- Uber will pay the trip fare up to £15. If you go over, you will be charged the difference. The promotion will be visible in the upfront price shown.
- Trips must start or end at one of the mass vaccination centres listed above.
- The offer will be valid for up to one £15 trip per person.
- The promo codes will cease working at 23.55 on February 28, 2021.
- The full details are at uber.com/ukvaccines
- For more information about how to claim one of up to 30,000 free trips, and for the full list of hubs that are included in this offer, go to uber.com/ukvaccines.