FIRE RESCUE Services attended a blaze in Coventry this morning after receiving reports of a house fire on Lillington Road in Wood End.
Three crews, one from Binley Fire Station and two from Foleshill Fire Station, were sent to the house at 6.19am where an accidental severe ground floor broke out in the kitchen of a two bedroom terraced house.
Two hose reel jets and a covering jet were used to put out the blaze – no one was injured from the fire though one man was taken to hospital as a precaution.
A West Midlands Fire Service spokesman said: “Two people self evacuated prior to our crews arriving.
“One male was suffering from smoke inhalation, he received care and is now at University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire as a precaution.
“One female received a precautionary check up outside the house – all persons were accounted for.
“Properties either side of the fire were evacuated and cleared quickly, the fire is believed to be accidental.”