THREE consecutives wins and 11 goals along the way have booked the Sky Blues a deserved place in the knockout stage of the revamped Checkatrade Trophy.
Mark Venus’ side finished top of Southern Group D thanks to comfortable victories over West Ham Under-23s, Northampton and Wycombe.
Their most recent success came down at Adams Park where the Sky Blues came from 2-0 down to win 4-2 thanks to goals from Academy trio Ryan Haynes (2), George Thomas and Gael Bigirimana.
A place in the last 16 is up for grabs when the Sky Blues host Crawley Town on December 7. Crawley are coming into the game off the back of a heavy defeat at the hands of Southampton, and will be aiming to put things right at the Ricoh Arena.
The Observer has teamed up with Checkatrade, official sponsors of the competition, to offer ten lucky fans the chance to win FOUR tickets to the match.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the following question:
How many goals have the Sky Blues scored in this season’s Checkatrade Trophy competition?
Send your answers along with a name, daytime telephone number and email address to Coventry City Competition, 45 The Parade, Leamington Spa, CV32 4BL. You can also email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org. The competition closes November 28.
Thanks to Checkatrade’s £100 campaign, supporters of League One or Two clubs can nominate or register a trusted local tradesman to earn their team £100.
For more information, or to sign-up, visit www.Checkatrade.com/trophy.
Over 1.2 million consumers visit the Checkatrade.com website every month looking for recommended tradespeople local to them. If you need a tradesperson, search by your location on www.checkatrade.com.
Terms & Conditions
– Fans are reminded that tickets are in the Coventry City home end. Any away supporters found in home areas may be ejected from the Ground either for the purposes of their own safety or for any other reason
– The competition is open to all UK residents with the exception of employees of Checkatrade, Coventry City FC, or Hatch Communications, their immediate families, agents or anyone else associated with the administration
– In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value
– All entrants must be willing to participate in publicity should they be a winner
– We reserve the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition if, in our sole discretion, the competition is not capable of being conducted as specified in the competition rules