TRINITY Guild RFC are set for a bright future, after agreeing a deal to build a state-of-the-art ground and clubhouse, scheduled for completion in 2021.
The club, who are based off Rowley Road in Baginton nearby to Coventry Airport, are Coventry’s oldest in junior rugby – founded in 1899.
Currently playing in Midlands 5 West (South), the move to the new 15-acre base south of the airport will feature two full-sized senior pitches, a junior pitch and training areas, floodlights, and a new club house with six changing rooms.
Trinity Guild will move to a temporary home at Finham Park School whilst construction works get underway.
The current ground is within the area set to be developed by the Coventry and Warwickshire Gateway, with the same developers being involved in the club’s new ground.
Club president Martin Wheeler says initial skepticism about the Gateway development was quickly diminished once the club learned of the talks for a new and improved home.
“When the developers approached us with an offer to build a brand new ground, we were delighted.
“We believe we are a real community asset and are viewing this as a real springboard for us to grow our mini and junior section and ultimately make our club stronger.
“We also recognise that development has to move forward if the city is to continue to grow and prosper and felt it was only right that we should help play our part in that.
He extended his gratitude towards Finham Park School for hosting the club during the development, and believes the new facilities will be a springboard for future talent coming through the club.